Pixel Fractional Laser Skin Rejuvenation
Pixel fractional laser skin rejuvenation offers the ultimate in skin rejuvenation in just minutes. Multiple laser skin rejuvenation treatments are a great treatment to help reduce the affects of sun damage. Not only will multiple treatments offer amazing results, but it does so safely and quickly with little downtime.
Benefits of fractional laser skin rejuvenation
There are many reasons to consider Pixel treatment to remove extra fat below the chin, commonly known as a “double chin”:
- Minimal downtime
- Rapid healing
- Quick procedure
- Low risk
- Accurate results
- Customized treatment
- Minimally invasive
- Renewed skin
What can fractional laser skin rejuvenation do for me?
If you have spent years in the sun, especially without adequate sun protection, then you know the damage the sun can do to your skin. Wrinkles, texture, large pores and fine lines can be reduced and your skin’s more youthful appearance can be restored. While the aging process cannot be stopped, with proper care and maintenance you can maintain your rejuvenated skin’s appearance for many years!
What does it treat?
It is a safe and effective way to treat sun damage, acne scars, rough texture, enlarged pores, fine lines, wrinkles, skin laxity, and surgical scars on the face, neck, chest, arms and hands, with essentially very little downtime. Any body surface area and all skin types and colors can be treated.
How many treatments are required?
Multiple and ongoing treatments will provide the best results over time. However, to get really get things going, Cosmos and LaVida recommend to start things with a 3-pack of treatments. These can be purchased at a fantastic discount.
What can I expect after a treatment?
Most people have some pinkness and some even a small amount of edema/swelling in the skin which settles in 24 to 48 hours. The amount of down time for each patient depends on the degree of intensity of each treatment. Laser skin rejuvenation can be customized for patients who cannot afford more than a few days of downtime.
If you have always desired to rejuvenate your skin but have had fears of traditional laser rejuvenation, you should consider this fractional laser treatment.
Make sure you are not using an Retinol or Retin-A at least 3-5 days prior to treatment and make sure you are not currently pregnant, nursing or an any antibiotics at least 10 days prior to treatment. Please do not stop any medications without consulting your Doctor first. It is very important that you have been out of direct sunlight exposure for at least 1 week prior and are not using and self tanner of any kind. Also a friendly reminder that children are not able to be with you in the treatment room or left unattended in our lobby.
Pre‐Treatment Recommendations for Fractional Laser Resurfacing
- Avoid all alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxy products (AHA/BHA), hydroquinone’s, retinols/retinoids, aspirin, Tazorac, Differin, and Vitamin E products for 3 days before your
- Clients should come to their treatment with a clean face and no make‐up on.
- Avoid extended sun exposure or tanning for 1 week pre & post treatment.
- Clients who are darkly tanned or sunburned should wait at least 2 weeks before being treated in order to avoid additional skin damage.
- If you are prone to cold sores, take an anti‐viral medication (such as Valtrex) prior to your treatment.
- Clients who have used Accutane within the last 6 months CANNOT have laser skin resurfacing.
Post‐treatment Recommendations for Fractional Laser Resurfacing
- Avoid all alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxy products (AHA/BHA), hydroquinone’s, retinols/retinoids, aspirin, Tazorac, Differin, and Vitamin E products for up to 5 days post treatment.
- Discomfort can be relieved with cool compresses or acetaminophen (Tylenol). DO NOT ingest aspirin or products containing aspirin until complete healing has occurred. To reduce swelling you may apply ice packs to the treated area. Ice should be wrapped in a soft cloth and applied for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When washing your face for the first 1‐2 days, do not scrub. Use a gentle cleanser with no acids.
- Showers are permitted but prolonged bathing is not advised. You may pat the treated area gently with a soft cloth but DO NOT RUB with a towel or washcloth for at least 3 days or until redness subsides.
- Apply a protective ointment to the treated area two or more times daily for 3 to 5 days. This process is critical in keeping the skin hydrated and preventing bacteria from entering the skin.
- It is imperative that you use a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF of at least 20 or higher and avoid direct sunlight for at least 7 days post treatment.
- Within 48 to 72 hours post treatment, you may experience flaking or peeling. This will generally last a few days. DO NOT PICK OR PULL THE SKIN.
- Do not have any other facial treatments for at least 2 weeks post treatment.
- Avoid swimming and contact sports while the skin is healing.
*Please note that Cosmos Medspa offers complimentary, no obligation consultations for Pixel with our medical technician but the treatments will be conducted at our sister Medspa, LaVida in Chandler, AZ.